Monday, April 27, 2009

Darwin Follow-up

So I finished Darwin about a week ago (last Sunday). Didn't go nearly as smoothly as I had hoped, although I had some "distractions" that made it a bit difficult to get started on the project when I originally wanted to (yeah, I know...if I started a week earlier, this wouldn't have been a problem). I basically more or less started it the Friday night/Saturday morning right before it was due. Because of this, whenever I found a problem with my code, I decided to stick a "band-aid" on it instead of reconsidering my overall design. Eventually, I had a lot of band-aids and some poorly (in my opinion) designed code. It seemed to work for what I tested it with (I did get a 42/50, which is decent I guess), but it definitely was not easy to use the classes I created.

I'm hoping to do a better job with Life, which seems similar in some aspects to Darwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment